Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting 1906 Walter Tips Texas
Musical instrument Handwriting Pen Office supplies Font

shipped SAA 38-40. Yes, someone nickeled it and added gold plate to the trigger and blueing to the cylinder pin. Price was right, and it had just landed in a lgs. Neat thing is it had a factory letter with it that is addressed to former Houston Oiler (1962-1967) Bobby Jancik.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
If you can get it cheap enough go for it. Then shoot the polisher if you can find him 😡. Those screw holes look like they’re countersunk.

Reactions: Tall

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would bet that polish job was done long ago. I've gotta say, if there was ever any pitting on this gun you sure cannot see any remnants now. Some old wear on the muzzle and cylinder. Looks like from carrying it in a holster. I'm sure a previous owner was proud of this when it was done. Just part of the history of this particular piece.

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
A lot of times the reflection on a nickel gun makes things look a lot worst than they are. A nice thing about a later nickel job is it protects the underlying metal. And once off it usually looks really good for CCH and blue.

That’s a neat gun. I like it. Like it’s been said someone was proud of it. Now it’s your turn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts