Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The man never disappoints, these things are amazing. I also have a set on my BHP. On another note can someone verify that the black rubber grips shown below are original? If they are I am going to sell them. What should I ask for them.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
You will have to provide at least a partial serial number as the style changed 3 or 4 times during the production run. Also need a better detail of the pony, size and position of the lances changed once. Best guess from what I can make out is they are correct from about 1913 to 1924 when they went to wood with medallions. By the way the Spegal grips look very nice.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike, I just meant are they factory grips. I know they are not original to the pistol. The pistol dates to 1926 and I believe they all had wood at that point
You will have to provide at least a partial serial number as the style changed 3 or 4 times during the production run. By the way the Spegal grips look very nice.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Then yes, they appear to be original. If some one needs them I would guess $40 to $60 in my part of the world. But then I seldom sell any parts as I always seem to need them for some restoration project. Good luck with the sale .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts