Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this up today at a gun show, serial # 86xxx. I do not know much about these little .25 vest pockets, but it looked cool and the guy only wanted $300. I'd say overall condition fair, grips are good and he said he shot it. any thoughts would be appreciated, I may even carry it. did I do ok on price?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
You did OK on the price. It's hard to tell from a single picture the overall condition. As a reference, I just bought one that is about 98% condition for $400. The seller was asking $550. As soon as I get it, I'll post pictures.

·
Premium Member
6,452 Posts
Once you get it cleaned and oiled up it might look pretty good. I think you did OK on the deal. I was at a large GS last weekend and they were asking more for a worse condition gun. These little guns are really a hoot to shoot. Another great design by the brilliant John M. Browning. Enjoy your Colt.

·
Registered
114 Posts
1908 Vest Pocket

I found this forum after I purchased a 1908 Vest Pocket with a historical letter. I purchased mine last weekend also at a gunshow. Something about the 1908 vest pocket just jumped out and grabbed me. I paid 475.00 for mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I found this forum after I purchased a 1908 Vest Pocket with a historical letter. I purchased mine last weekend also at a gunshow. Something about the 1908 vest pocket just jumped out and grabbed me. I paid 475.00 for mine.
Don't you feel just a little guilty for paying so little ?:D
Congrats, that is a keeper for sure.
B50

·
Registered
419 Posts
just make sure the bores good. so many of these were bought, shot with corrosive ammo, then placed back in grandpas sock drawer, where they layed for 80 or so years. outside looks great, bore looks like 30 miles of gravel road.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Honestly, I'm a revolver type of guy. I didn't have a clue about the value of the pistol. I liked it and to me it looked like it was worth what he was asking. Historical letter states manufacture date of1921. I took it a part and the bore is in excellent condition. I honestly don't think it's been fired but a handful of times. So what would a market value be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll post more pics soon, but I did get to shoot it yesterday. Fired 20 rounds an not a hick-up. Decent groupings at 7 yrds, considering it has the worst sights I have ever seen on a gun lol. It is a point and shoot for sure. I am not too keen on .25acp ballistics as a grizzly stopper but it is warming up where I live and this gives me NO excuse not to have a gun with me at all times. Cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Thecoltguy and Mtnspur...where does one start looking for leather like ya'll have? On-line, shows, make your own? thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
got mine pretty cheap........

I got this one manufactured in 1922 a straight up trade for an old Honda dirt bike. I had 40 bucks in the Honda. gordie:D

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Hey Thecoltguy and Mtnspur...where does one start looking for leather like ya'll have? On-line, shows, make your own? thanks
In one word...YES :) Old leather bins at gun stores, gun shows, flea markets, ebay, online gun auctions and garage sales. Everywhere and anywhere, basically.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts