Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
It is not a Colt. If all you want a gun that has the appearance of a Colt Model O pistol, then buy one. To me, the better choice is to buy a genuine Colt Conversion Unit and use it on the Model O of your choice, or buy a Service Model Ace and enjoy it while watching it appreciate.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It is not a Colt. If all you want a gun that has the appearance of a Colt Model O pistol, then buy one. To me, the better choice is to buy a genuine Colt Conversion Unit and use it on the Model O of your choice, or buy a Service Model Ace and enjoy it while watching it appreciate.
YEP German Made, JMB Rollin in his Grave.........

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
My friend bought one and loves it. Has not had any issues shooting it. I have not personally shot it yet to so I can't really give you an honest apprasial about it. As far as it not being Colt, it is made for Colt I believe by Walther, Colt has licensed its name on many items over the years...heck, starting with the Walker revolver back in 1847!! JudgeColt has a good idea about just popping a conversion kit on a standard 1911 but you are talking big (big) bucks then compared to an out of the box Colt/Umarex.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Considering alternatives -- I built mine from a cheapie receiver made in Philippines, innards from Numrich and a commercial .22 conversion. Dolled it up a bit also.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Not especially impressed with the Umarex. Gotta agree with the Judge that a real 1911 w/a conversion unit (sorry, mine's Kimber...) is a better deal.
Moon

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
As far as a .22lr clone of a 1911 the Walther/Umarex pistol is a lot better then the Chiappa version.

It isn't a 1911 just looks like one; it is the same basic gun that other US gun makers are importing under their Banner...

·
Registered
281 Posts
This was my solution to the 22 caliber 1911 problem.

Reactions: Tomray
1 - 11 of 11 Posts