Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...

I am not a 1911 guy but my LGS called to tell me they have in a Model 1911 serial # 128360 with an SA marking above the serial # , can anyone tell me value on this and i will pass along the information to someone who is intereted. He has not set a price yet on it what do you think it's value is.... below is a quick picture i took. The bore looks amazing.

Marko

Attachments

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I believe it is a parts gun. Post war Colt commercial slide. frame undetermined but US Springfield Arsenal did not place an SA above the serial number on issued 1911/1911A1's. According to my research a SA below would indicate a rework. It also has the long trigger which is incorrect for an A1 configured frame. I suspect the frame may be from the Geneseo, Illinois Springfield Arsenal.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree the SA means it weas reworked sometime afterthe war... the serial # puts it at 1943, looking at it i could see it looked like a parts gun. What is the value?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
As I said SA below would normally indicate a rework. The slide would not have been a part of a military rebuild. Since it is a rebuild of some sort for a reasonable value you would really need to disassemble the gun to determine the source of the magazine, barrel, style of hammer, style of controls(checkered or striated). For a generic parts gun I would not pay more than $600 after a thorough examination. Tops would be $750 in my opinion but I wouldn't pay that. Location always creates a variable in value also. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
I agree with Mike that its a parts gun. I have reservations about the frame. If it is a M1911A1 frame it would also have "Property of The United States"- serial number- M1911A1. I may not have the roll marks written correctly, but we know what I'm leaning at.

Edit: UNITED STATES PROPERTY (with) No. serial# (beneath) M1911A1 U.S. ARMY

·
Registered
12,274 Posts
Serial number 128360 would be 1917 in the suspended Springfield Armory range, but the receiver has finger cutouts like a 1911A1. The slide appears to be one of the military replacement slides ordered from Colt in the early 1950's. The other side would have been the most interesting. Without knowing what the receiver is I would say $500 range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.