Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a 1911 with original black US Army holster that I am told was a souvenir from the war. Gun is in decent shape, not great but decent. Little bit a speckled rust spots but fully safe and functioning...now here is the big BUT !! The serial number has been filed off, well technically probably not filed but removed by what ever means. first obvious questions... Is this even legal to own? And I can assure you I am not interested in losing my CWP or any 2nd amendment rights...
and secondly, if this is perhaps legal to own or can be made legal, what would it be worth say as a percentage of a serialed gun say in the same condition.

·
Registered
10,483 Posts
There are a number of recent threads on this - all saying 'Don't buy it! - it's illegal.

The black holster dates from a decades-later time frame - WWI, WWII and Korean War holsters were brown.

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
You didn't mention price, but most of the value in a 1911/1911A1 is in the receiver, and it is extremely unlikely that you will find another GI receiver without buying another complete pistol. Just pass on this one and save yourself time and money. It is illegal to possess as it is now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.