Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My step-father is turning 65 in a month, and I would like to find him a Colt for his birthday. He is a Vietnam vet who has done very well for himself and hunts about 9 months out of the year. He does not own a handgun, and when he visited me recently, we went to the local range and shot some of my guns. He lives in Wisconsin and they just passed concealed carry. Retired military can get theirs very quickly under the new law.

I want to find him a Colt that he will use and keep with him whether running errands or hunting big game. He just had his life saved by a bunch of cattle while on a trip out west when a bear approached him. Great story...another time. While I would like the gun to be easy to modify or add gear to, he might buy something else once bitten by the bug. Therefore, I am looking for a 1911 with all the basics and extreme reliability. I want him to feel comfortable keeping it in his truck and strapping it on a quad.

My upper limit is $1000, but I would rather spend about $750.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would recommend a New Colt 1991 Series AKA" Government Model 45" in Stainless Steel ( Colt model #01091) that can be had for under your $1000 limit. the stainless steel would be more resistant to the elements outdoors & day to day use. I am very happy with mine, very accurate, no malfunctions with many brands of ammo, great 3-dot sights that are easy to sight-in in poor lighting situations. check out Colt's web site for pic's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts