Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 1911A1 commercials that I know the history of. One manufactured in 1924 has a all blue magazine with Colt 45 Auto in two lines on the base of the magazine. Another manufactured in 1932 has a two toned magazine with a blank base. When did Colt decide to drop the base markings? Or did they just want to use up existing stocks of two toned mags?? Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Henri, did you ever find the answer to your questions? I have a 1932 Colt commercial 1911A1 that I bought from an estate, SN C160XXX. The owner's son said that his father had purchased it new. It came with a blued magazine that had "Colt 45 Auto" on the floorplate in two lines, with "Colt" occupying the top line. I would like to know if this is the correct magazine for this gun. If not, what should the correct magazine look like? Anyone know?

Additionally, this gun has had a later replacement barrel installed, but an old corroded barrel came with the gun. It has the interlaced HP stamping on the top of the barrel hood, read with the muzzle pointing to the right. Is this likely the original barrel to the gun? If not, what markings should a 1932 commercial barrel have?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts