Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the guys at my shop wants to purchase his first 1911 and budget is $1,000.00 or less. He shot 1911 pistols in the Navy, so he wants a new 1911.
Looking for suggestion and reasoning behind that suggestion. Thanks

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
You can get a Colt, a Springfield, a Ruger and maybe a S&W or Sig for that price. They won't be loaded models but they'll be 1911s. Heck, with a few of the sales going around, I've seen some pretty well equipped, feature wise, Springfields for well under $1000.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Also today Brownells has coupon TAE for 10% off. (Also using Active Junky gets you some cash back ordering from Brownells) But I would support a LGS if they are below MSRP.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
You can find basic Colt Government models for about $900 on line if you do some surfing around at the various on line venders, Colt 1911's are not available in California due to some ruling class skulldrudgery bleh... I wanted a retro style 1911 so I got a Springfield Mil Spec 1911 and I like it a lot you- can get one for $700 or under EZ.

Not a Colt, but the slide to frame fit etc was better than the last Colt I bought.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I concur with the Colt Competitions. Full disclosure though, I don't own one, but have some experience with them. Also full disclosure, I don't have one because I'm married to a gun lady that recognizes new guns when they come in the house.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chance of finding a new 1911 is zero. Chance of finding a copy for under $1,000 is excellant. See post #3.
My Bad, I was using 1911 pistol is a generic form. Doesn't have to be an Colt, any brands will do. But more importantly what's the reason you were suggesting a certain brand?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts