Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a gun show today and saw two Colts that I am interested in. Didn't take enough money with me to make a serious offer so I might go back tomorrow and see what I can do. Some help with value would be greatly appreciated.

1. Colt Series 70 Government in 38 Super ANIB with all paper work. Blued Steel made in 1972. Asking $1795.00

2. Colt Government Model with original nickel finish made in 1954, probably 96-98% condition. Asking $2500.00

Don't have a lot to compare these to so any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Rinkus

Way to much money for either pistol.

Pistol #1 to me is a $900 to $1,200 pistol. If you plan on ever reselling it the .38 Super will be difficult to resell. Personaly I like the 38 super BUT everyone wants .45 Auto. Also they have Colt 1911's in .38 super on Gun Broker listed for $850.

Pistol #2 I saw one tonight on Gun Broker for $750 Buy it Now price. It was not that old but it looked nice.

Ronin

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Way too much for either however, I do not agree with Roninrim's pricing on the 38 Super. In the right part of the state I have very succesfully sold several 38 Supers over the years in the $1400 to $1900 range. A certain portion of the population in east and southeast Texas has a penchant for 38 Super.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Rinkus, That is a ton of money for those. Typical seller with Colt's on his table waiting for the unsuspecting gotta have it guy to come along.

What do you want/have to spend? Offer that and see what the dealer/seller says. The worst he can do is say no....

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
In today's market and partially fueled by some our generous Picture Posters, ;) Quality Colt 1911, Government Models, Commercial Models and Gold Cup and 95% condition or better is getting difficult to find under $1,000.00, Save the once in a Blue Moon Deal that comes by. Gunbroker prices for Items for sale seem to indicate a majority of the sellers want a minimum of $1,000.00 and Series 70's, with correct box, have already broken in the $2,000.00 range.

Careful shopping is the Order of the day..BUT it's a full time job staying a top all of this. I am blessed to be retired to scan the net...and poor enough to just drool.:p

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
1911's are expensive....I've been looking around to connect with a bargain on one and an original beater is going to be $800 if you are lucky and if it's pre 70 series and nice you are over the $1500 range in a hurry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts