Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first timer here.I have a question that I hope someone can help me with.I recently acquired a gun from my father, he's had it for the past 5 decades stored away in his dresser. I remember shooting it as a child, but never knew anything about it. From what I've been able to research I've learned the gun is from 1918, but the holster I can't find anywhere. Anyone recognize this from all of your research? Please help anyway you can.Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
Well, it's an M1911...

For more - clearer photos and serial number are going to be needed.

The holster's a patent leather 'MP' holster, dolled up with the American Eagle removed from an enlisted man's hat device.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum David, nice to have you here. I concur with above; it seems to be a well treasured pistol. You have obviously found its date of manufacture and of course that can be supplied to you for free with a call to Colt's if you aren't 100% certain its 1918 - Tel: 800-962-COLT (2658).

Keep it just the way your father passed it on to you and it will serve you and yours for a long time. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Colt-SL, I appreciate the welcomes. A person can only do so much research on his own. The wealth of information from long time Colt afficionados is certainly useful.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
HI, David, and welcome to the Forum. Glad you joined us here and thanx for sharing! You have a beautiful and enviable heirloom there. Hang out here for a while and you'll soon realize what a priceless treasure you have. She's sure a keeper and hopefully your kids and grandkids will realize it, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.