Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me, for the best price anyone can get a revolver for, Colt Police Positive. I've never seen or used the 38 Colt Cartridge before, but revolvers are my wife's favorite to shoot. SN#62426
Was owned by the father of an older friend, worked for the railroad in Illinois.
Of course no thread goes unpunished, approximate value?
Thanks, Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Whoever continues to own it, get some oil on that gun! That is from Colt's period of their best finishes. Oily fingers are rusting it into worthlessness. It's at about $250 now.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
New to me, for the best price anyone can get a revolver for, Colt Police Positive. I've never seen or used the 38 Colt Cartridge before, but revolvers are my wife's favorite to shoot.
Nice find, but just so you're clear, this is NOT chambered for the .38 Colt, short or long, but the .38 New Police a.k.a. .38 S&W, an unrelated different round of wider diameter. The picture shows you have the right ammo ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
A Colt stylized "C"---correct for the revolver's era of manufacture. AZshot is right--Colt put an absolutely beautiful finish on guns of this period.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
That should be a comfortable shooter with its 6” barrel. 38 S&W is loaded about like target 38 special power levels and is very comfortable to shoot. Have you shot it yet?

·
Registered
479 Posts
This will clean up a long way, but never to very good or better condition. Scratches are numerous. But it will look nicer without the rust. Be careful cleaning, so as not to take any more of the polished finish away. Long soaks in oil and bronze wool. Patience and light touches are your friends.

It might clean up to a $350 pistol. Not everyone has the stylized-C Colt, and they might reach a little deeper in the pocket for one.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
38 colt new police ( 38 S&W) is easy to Reload for when it’s going to be used in a colt. Normal .358 lead bullets work fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts