Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,261 Posts
I remember back in the 1970's or maybe early 1980's a local gun shop had a Remington Rand 1911 worked over by Interarms and sold as a "Silver Cup". I guess any 1911 would do for them to modify and resell...this one happened to be a RR.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
I remember back in the 1970's or maybe early 1980's a local gun shop had a Remington Rand 1911 worked over by Interarms and sold as a "Silver Cup". I guess any 1911 would do for them to modify and resell...this one happened to be a RR.
Was it a worked over Remington Rand or a R R slide on top of an Interarms frame that was probably made by Essex?

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
Nice 1911's both of them. I like 1911's and I have shot them a lot over the years. They are fun to shoot and I still carry my Delta a lot.

·
Registered
11,261 Posts
Was it a worked over Remington Rand or a R R slide on top of an Interarms frame that was probably made by Essex?
That I couldn't tell you after so many years. I just remember seeing Remington-Rand on the slide but have no recollection of what it said on the frame. It sat in the display case for a long time. The gun store owner died in the mid-'80s and the store closed. I've no idea what happened to the gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts