Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think of this:

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displa...32%20Police%204

I threw a bid out there and I'm watching to see where it goes. Seems to me these pop up from time to time, so it might not be anything super special. What do you think it's worth (bottom line)?

Is this a good collector item?

I'm not sure how far to go with the bidding.

My instincts tell me it's and older Colt and the craftsmanship is probably at it's best.

Anybody else watching this too?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, but we're all supposed to be friends here. If you really want it, I'll "let it be".

I really don't expect there's much on Gunbroker, AuctionArms or GunsAmerica that most of us aren't already aware of.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks almost to good to be true to me, but then what do I know. Are you sure that's not a reblue ? I think I might throw a bid on that one. Just kidding, hope if it's original someone here gets it, Shoo

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
i dont think it`s against the forum rules to post an auction and ask for opinions.we are all friends here and most if not all members cruise the auction site`s weekly/daily. in my opinion YOUR post is outta line.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
I believe someone on the forum bought from the is seller recently, perhaps a Python or DB. His stuff looks good. Maybe we'll hear. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Oh, it was manderson. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, it was me. Just got my 1959 OMM today. It's perfect in every way just as the seller described. As soon as the paperwork goes through and I have it home, I'll post some good pictures.

I just don't know much about the older PP .32 and what they are really valued at. Don't see too many of them in the excellent shape this one is in. And I see lots more .38's than .32's.

·
Registered
778 Posts
That looks very nice to me, and does not appear to be refinished.

I would think if it stays under $450.00 it would be a bargain. There are far less 32's around than 38's or for that matter 22's.

About posting the auctions. We buy a few guns, mostly Colts, and Rugers, and I have never felt a posting affected my chances to get a gun. Its the top price that affects it. If someone wants it more than we do, than we are toast. Thats the way the cookie crumbles, its all about money. I have won guns with a $5.00 bid up, because the other bidders were either not there at the end, or perhaps surmised a much larger increase was needed to win it.

Much ado about nothing! JMHO.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are the black hard plasitic grips original to the period and the gun? Just wondering cause most of the original period grips appear to be made of wood. thanks....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts