Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another Colt that I just picked up. Not perfect but in very nice shape. The serial number is scratched on the inside of the grips. The box is toast but at least it is there. Would this be the correct type of box for this gun? Anybody see anything that does not look correct?

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So yesterday I posted on a local gun board looking for some .32-20 ammo. I was hoping someone local would have some they did not need saving me from buying some online. Well a guy I know messages me and says he's was 5 boxes of ammo. He said he also has a colt if I am interested. The gun and the ammo was left to him from his fil and had just been sitting in the garage. Turns out it was a 1924 Police Positive Special just like the one I just bought except with a 5" barrel. So now I have 5" and a 6" 1924 Police Positive Special.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Some dogs are just born under a lucky star I guess. Very nice Police Positive Special, the pair of them! Just my opinion, the box doesn't look all that bad either.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
So yesterday I posted on a local gun board looking for some .32-20 ammo. I was hoping someone local would have some they did not need saving me from buying some online. Well a guy I know messages me and says he's was 5 boxes of ammo. He said he also has a colt if I am interested. The gun and the ammo was left to him from his fil and had just been sitting in the garage. Turns out it was a 1924 Police Positive Special just like the one I just bought except with a 5" barrel. So now I have 5" and a 6" 1924 Police Positive Special./sbip.

When it rains, it pours, I s'pose.

As Lt. Cmdr. Ripley said whilst escaping the scuttling of the 'Nostromo": " Lucky, lucky, lucky."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts