Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 1927 Colt Government Model is in a 1911A1 configuration. It has a trigger clearance cut on the right side but not on the left side (see pics). Is that normal for this era pistol? DSC_0058.jpg DSC_0059.jpg

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Quite abnormal...but cool! I've seen at least one M1911A1 with this same mistake.

Regards,
Kevin Williams

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it is a production mistake versus transition in production (which should have already happened by 1927). Is that correct?

PS: She is going to the range today.

·
Premium Member
9,500 Posts
You have the rare right-hand-specific model not intended for use by left-handed shooters. :D

That is a very interesting factory mistake!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Factory flukes are rare and valuable, though the advice is not asked for I would seriously advise against shooting it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Is this worth seeing what Colt has to say about it? Regarding value, how much more valuable would it be with respect to a "correct" pistol in comparable condition?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Whatever a collector would be willing to pay. I once sold a Colt Python for hundreds more than I would have normally gotten because the Colt pony was a double stamped giving a weird 3d effect... I would get it lettered.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
The one-sided finger relief it is very appealing!

I wonder if one could have special-ordered a Gov't Model to have that amenity?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts