1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Nice early DS. Congrats...

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
I love it! What a cool, super early Detective Special. I'd love to find one like that with 'transitionary' details.

Wish the letter had the date of manufacture on it. September of 1928 is nearly a year after the introduction of the DS. Being that much later, I'm surprised this one still has some of the early traits, so I'm curious when it was made.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love it! What a cool, super early Detective Special. I'd love to find one like that with 'transitionary' details.

Wish the letter had the date of manufacture on it. September of 1928 is nearly a year after the introduction of the DS. Being that much later, I'm surprised this one still has some of the early traits, so I'm curious when it was made.
Yes it would be great if they would include both dates in the letter.....

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rod, As a customer-in-good-standing, I bet Paul or Beverly will look that date up for you so you can add it to the letter.
Well next week at the CCA show I am going to ask Paul why both are not included.....
I may have to bribe him with adult beverages......the things one has to do for our hobby...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Is the topstrap serrated, like the later Detective Special, or rounded and smooth, like the earlier Police Positive Specials?

Reactions: Radicalrod

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is the topstrap serrated, like the later Detective Special, or rounded and smooth, like the earlier Police Positive Specials?
I will need to check my pics don't show the top and I can't remember.....I will report back asap....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Thanks for checking. If there are serrations, and the topstrap is flattened and not smoothly curved from side to side, it sounds like a true Detective Special frame and not a Police Positive Special (aka Pre-Detective Special).

Reactions: Spirit
1 - 15 of 15 Posts