Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lucked into finding a long time Collector that is liquidating some things to move onto other projects. I will buy more from him, but gun poor at the moment. :-(
Below are pictures of S/N 1327xx .32 Police Ctg. Pocket Positive which I believe was manufactured in 1928. Sorry for the dog hair and still some oil on the revolver. The Pocket Positive is a really small gun and would make a great carry. It is in very good condition and the grips look perfect for an 84 year old. It looks all original to me, but I am still learning and would appreciate the opinions of this group. TIA

Here is a link to the Box and papers that came with it. http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-revolvers/50607-1928-pp-box-question-really-original.html

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
That's a great little colt. I love mine and they are good shooters..Mine like the shorter .32 s&w vs. the longer .32 s&w long's..i am amazed how well these small colt's shoot..Enjoy your GREAT find..

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Thanks for the photos. It is a pretty little Colt revolver.

I'd love to add a Pocket Positive with that barrel length to the menagerie.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
...... I will buy more from him, but gun poor at the moment. :-
Gunpoor? Let's see, you showed us the 2" rebarreled Commando, the Courier, and now this beautiful Pocket Positive.
I'd be eating alpo and ramen noodles for months if I bought these three guns at the same time.

Congratulations!!!

I'm trudging out to the backyard and continue to clean my boat, bah!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I'm glad you were able to find such a good Colt collector to do business with. :)

How much for the dog hair?

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a great little colt. I love mine and they are good shooters..Mine like the shorter .32 s&w vs. the longer .32 s&w long's..i am amazed how well these small colt's shoot..Enjoy your GREAT find..
Thank you for the advice, however I am confused, as usual. I thought the .32 police ctg. was a .32 S&W long. Will the .32 S&W short work with out any problems?

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm glad you were able to find such a good Colt collector to do business with. :)

How much for the dog hair?
Somehow I got this big 110 pound hair machine Golden Retriver left at my door by my son 6 years ago. I would pay you to take him, but he will not leave my side. Just kidding, we are best friends.. Thanks Malysh

·
Registered
478 Posts
Somehow I got this big 110 pound hair machine Golden Retriver left at my door by my son 6 years ago. I would pay you to take him, but he will not leave my side. Just kidding, we are best friends.. Thanks Malysh
My wife would pay for someone to take all three of my dogs - luckily, we've got her outnumbered!

I love the little Pocket Positive, and the .32 cartridge it fires. You've got a great one there. Congratulations.
http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-revolvers/48175-32-colt-new-police-cartridge.html

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Hmmmm, offer to buy the dog hair withdrawn!
I have enough of it with the two dogs we have.

Seamore, my wife would get rid of me before the dogs, although she protests. I know it's true.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yes you can shoot the shorter .32 s&w in this gun with no trouble..i shoot both the .32 s&w and .32 s&w long in my pocket positives..they just shoot a little better with the shorter round..

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a million diamondback22. I do know from experience that the S&W long is not that accurate. I will try the S&W short.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Thank you for the advice. I thought the .32 police ctg. was a .32 S&W long. Will the .32 S&W short work with out any problems?
Yes. Sort of like you can shoot .38 Special out of .357 magnum revolvers.

.32 Police is the same as .32 New Police (both Colt), and the same dimensions as the .32 S&W long, except the S&W long bullet (projectile) is round nosed and the Colt NP is flat nosed. The .32 S&W short fits guns chambered for .32 S&W long, .32 Police, .32 New Police.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Collects, I will try some S&W shorts. As far as the trigger, I do not have a gauge, however compaired to my 1911 tuned bullseye shooters, with tested 3.7 to 4 lb. triggger pull, the PP I would guess at 4.5 lbs in double action. Compaired to my newer DS's, Agents and Cobra's, it is a slight bit harder. In single action, the hammer pull is a lot harder.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
At one time the .32 S&W Long had a good reputation for fine accuracy, and some shooters used it in competitive matches in the centerfire stage. S&W made a K-32, a real prize if you happen to run across one, as there were not nearly as many made as the K-22 and K-38 models. I think there is (or was) some European semi-auto match pistol chambered in .32 Long.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts