Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked-up this 1929 (per Colt look-up) Colt 1908. Fairly good condition, but no mag. Where can I get one at a reasonable price? Are the $40 new production mags on ebay any good? I don't care so much about it being original, just something that works. Any one have shipping info. close to this serial number (95290).
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the $40 new production mags on ebay any good? NO.
95290 = 1926 (Brunners)

Two possible mags. Not mine nor do I know the seller.
These appear to be original Colt made. Prices are fair...

Colt 1908 Hammerless Two Tone Magazine 380 Mag : Pistol Magazines & Pistol Clips at GunBroker.com

COLT POCKET 1908 .380 TWO TONE MAGAZINE 7 SHOT COLT HAMMERLESS 380 | eBay
Thanks. Do you know if either are correct for a 1926? I figured if I'm going to pay $125, I might as well try and get the correct mag for my year.

·
Premium Member
10,265 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
The square top one is supposed to run better in the mag-safety equipped model Ms.
Two general schools of thought: the higher forward aspect of the magazine shell prevents the follower from getting hung up on the bow plunger of the Tansley device, and secondly, the higher shell engages the mechanism more positively.
Your 1908 model M #95290 is one that should be so equipped (Brunner), and any OE square top magazine will run in it just fine.
1926 still had the two tone specially hardened shell.
Your pistol is nice enough to warrant scroungin' up the right mag for it.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I purchased a Triple-K that works fine in my 1908, no tuning needed. YMMV. I agree that it's nice to have at least one original mag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts