Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
According to my book it dates to 1930. Can you post some closer shots and some of the markings and the cylinder, etc. - I'd say around $500-$550. I may be wrong.

·
Premium Member
12,541 Posts
I recently bought one from Gunbroker. It echoes the price range that broknaxl states. My serial number is 508, made 1930. Starting range of 5900 for 1931, so yours was also made in 1930.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
I recently bought one from Gunbroker. It echoes the price range that broknaxl states. My serial number is 508, made 1930. Starting range of 5900 for 1931, so yours was also made in 1930.

Man thats a nice looking example.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm a little bit surprised by that price range - I paid a little more than $700 for a 1960 Officers Model Match after looking for months for a pre-WWII Officers Model Target. Do the features of the .22 Officers Models in that time period detract from the value? I doubt it, but IRRC recessed chambers in the cylinders were introduced in the early 1930s (1932?) and there may have been another change to the .22 revolvers at the same time.

Just did a search for my own education:
Colt Officers Model Target 22LR 3rd Issue Pre-War : Revolvers at GunBroker.com $726

Colt Officers Model Target : Revolvers at GunBroker.com $550 but re-blued

Colt Officers Model .22 Target 22 : Revolvers at GunBroker.com $750 but with box & papers - wish I'd seen this one!

Colt-SL that's a very nice looking Colt! I'd say you got a very good deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx TinMan...

I felt it was a good buy and was a little surprised by the prices listed above. All in All i am very happy with the gun..

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
In my opinion, the early guns without the recessed chambers are worth more as collectors items than the later guns.

Seeing those sale prices gets my attention. I bought most of my Officers Models of the various versions back in the 1970s and 1980s. They have been a good investment.

·
Premium Member
12,541 Posts
In my opinion, the early guns without the recessed chambers are worth more as collectors items than the later guns.

Seeing those sale prices gets my attention. I bought most of my Officers Models of the various versions back in the 1970s and 1980s. They have been a good investment.
I agree Judge. The older versions have always been my faves as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
according to sutherland and wilson book, only first year guns had non-embedded cylinders. i have a 3 digit one that is gorgeous.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Couldn't resist re-posting a couple pics.

I wonder how many like mine have had the barrel replaced with an Official Police barrel? Mine dates from 1930 and is a shooter, definitely not a collectible.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I have nothing to offer to this thread except envy. I'm still looking for an early .22 OM, and you guys have some spectacular examples.

If I ever get one, I'll dig this thread up and post a new pic at the bottom. :)

·
Premium Member
3,280 Posts

Colt-SL,
Let me first say that is a really nice one. I was wondering is the hammer on this gun original? I dont know alot about these but the 2 I have have hammers just like naitsirks. Did just the very early ones have this style or was it replaced? I am always looking to learn something new, Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm a little bit surprised by that price range - I paid a little more than $700 for a 1960 Officers Model Match after looking for months for a pre-WWII Officers Model Target. Do the features of the .22 Officers Models in that time period detract from the value? I doubt it, but IRRC recessed chambers in the cylinders were introduced in the early 1930s (1932?) and there may have been another change to the .22 revolvers at the same time.

Just did a search for my own education:
Colt Officers Model Target 22LR 3rd Issue Pre-War : Revolvers at GunBroker.com $726

Colt Officers Model Target : Revolvers at GunBroker.com $550 but re-blued

Colt Officers Model .22 Target 22 : Revolvers at GunBroker.com $750 but with box & papers - wish I'd seen this one!

Colt-SL that's a very nice looking Colt! I'd say you got a very good deal.
i actually bought the one that you see on the top. as you can see we had a bid war running. i am not unhappy with what i gave for her however. i'd also considered the one that you show on the bottom with the box ect. but the blueing on the brush, and towel shown in the pics put me off. Colt-SL got a fine deal, i wish i'd have spotted that one.
looks also as if the reblue that prussia sold went up for relist at a pric drop.....exact same photos. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=255736861

·
Premium Member
12,541 Posts
Colt-SL,
Let me first say that is a really nice one. I was wondering is the hammer on this gun original? I dont know alot about these but the 2 I have have hammers just like naitsirks. Did just the very early ones have this style or was it replaced? I am always looking to learn something new, Thanks.
GOOD eye big_gus ! It's the only older Officer's Model .22 I've seen with a target hammer. Well, there goes the budget again; guess an archive letter is in order! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts