Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this and had some questions. I recently purchased a woodsman that was found in a safe where it was stored since 1931. The gun is unfired with a red paper tag on string in the trigger guard.serial number on box matches pistol. I can't seem to find a value as I haven't been able to find any other comparable pistols out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Does it have the original Box and paperwork, if you post pictures we can provide more input, If you can't post due to new membership email me the pics at Colt zero three at gmail.com and I will post them for you.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has original box , small screwdriver to adjust sights a brush and a spare front sight post. The original paperwork was gone. Purchased new old stock paperwork from a Colt vendor. I'll try to figure out how to post a picture.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
You can definitely sell it for enough to buy several pairs of new shoes! Seriously, it appears 100% complete and original. Sale price is whatever one is willing to pay, but would be substantial in that condition and completeness. You'll probably get decent offers right here.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
The reason you have trouble finding compatible guns that sold is there are few. Actually, there are a lot in this 99% condition, but seldom with the story that it sat in a safe for 80 years. Basically for 2 or 3 generations, each new owner....left it in the safe? But it can happen.

The amount a 99% or better Woodsman has sold for should be easy to find. Then you have to ask yourself: how much does a story and a few scraps of paper add to that amount? To me, maybe $100 more, because I don't buy the story or the box. I buy a gun based on IT'S condition.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Brownlarry43 sent me the photo, which i received , I was going to upload it yesterday, but my internet was down, called frontier and it took a day to reset, I was going to post it tonight but I see it is already posted. It looks to be a superb condition 1931. If picture taken outside in light we might be able to see all of the details. but looks good for now.

Reactions: porsche
1 - 11 of 11 Posts