Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
USA-Mfg. Genuine Colt 1911A1, .45 Auto, Made in 1933 For Argentine Police. Imported back to the states by SARCO INC. EASTON PA. for $499.00 + shipping. Its the Vary worn grade. These are the commercial contract of 1933 for the “Policia Federal” They have the “C” prefix serial numbers. 1930’s commercial pistol “C” prefix. Serial # range is C170,000 area. Also marked Government Model. SARCO is at the bottom of the barrel so if you want one jump on it now. I've been working on mine now for about 30 days and will post pictures when time allows. looks bad, But Shoot Good. Matching Serial numbers with the Receiver and Slide. A little work and time, it will look as good as it shoots.

Here is a picture after soaking in vineger for apox. 14 Hrs. and boild in distilled rinse.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Ramped Colt is barely visible. Lots of holster ware, If it wasn't for the slide matching the serial number on the receiver, I would have replaced it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had removed the SARCO INC. EASTON PA. Import marks with a hand File, finished with the woman's fingernail file Extra Fine 12,000 that you see in the picture above, but left some of the USA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks USSmanlovede36, Im waiting for the slide to arive back from New York for the re-roll of the Roll Marks. It coast me $100.00 plus $22.95 shipping with $450.00 Insurence and thats for the roll marks on both sides. As you can see, the left side of the slide had no marking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
In the mean time, I'm trying to get my Chemicals together for bluing solution. Why am I having such a hard time finding sodium hydroxide (It's just Lye) locally at any hardware store? I remember my Grandmother making laundry soap with it. Also, My grandfather used it to cure his black olives, but it was the food grade. It dosn't mater if its food grade or not, just 100% Lye.

I started a new Thread on Homemade Hot Bluing Solution

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/col...e-hot-bluing-solution-project.html#post523521

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
colt1911A1,

A good friend of mine purchased one of the Sarco 1933 pistols from Sarco. He bought the more expensive one that he was going to "work on". What he received was a nice pistol with good markings on frame and slide. The finish was worn and wear on the slide from being in & out of a holster, but all in all, the pistol was in excellent mechanical condition. He took it apart, replaced all the springs and I advised him to get a new extractor too. Once back together, it was a great shooting pistol. Then he decided he would cold blue it......I sort of "cringed" and told him the pistols came that way from honest use and leave it alone. He did and now he is glad for not using cold blue. I said he can blue it anytime if he wants, but don't cold blue....get it done right as you did! Yours looks great!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts