Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous, especially all considered. Someone, or several someones cared for it extremely well. Clearly, the depression era did nothing to the quality - except possibly improve it as the workers were very thankful to be employed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The hammer looks like it is short wide spur? Wonder is it filed or maybe replaced? Anyway, very nice clean near 100 percent Government Model! Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hammer looks like it is short wide spur? Wonder is it filed or maybe replaced? Anyway, very nice clean near 100 percent Government Model! Thanks for sharing.
This is what I like about this forum. No detail overlooked. I pulled it out of the safe and it is an original hammer that has been shortened a little. Does make you wonder what folks are thinking sometimes. I fortunately have the correct unmolested hammer as I always keep every extra part, magazine, and grip that I accumulate.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
As to the details of a particular example, the thing about Colt's Patent Firearm Manufacturing Company is the absolute consistency in their inconsistency. It seems like there were innumerable parts bins lying around and if one variety became out of stock, they just unceremoniously subbed in another type or style. On the extremely rare chance that the original purchaser ordered a special hammer, and even then, only if it was documented at the factory, all such anomalies or variations must remain a mystery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts