Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Yesterday I acquired a 1936 Service Model Ace, serial number 6230. It's well-used and shows a good deal of "character", but other than that, it appears to be in good-working order. The serial numbers on the slide (underneath the firing pin stop) match those on the frame, so that's good, too.

I will post some pictures this evening; in the meantime, can someone give me some information about this? It's a bit different than my 1980 Ace; the biggest difference is that is recoil spring is shorter than I would expect, and there are large leather washers (similar to frame buffers, but they don't appear to be after-market) on the guide rod.

I will post some pictures later this afternoon.

Thanks!

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the information... I was under the impression that all Aces were "Service Models", but obviously I was incorrect.

I've put a couple of pictures in my original post. Thanks for the link! I'm happy I can download a copy of the original manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.