Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all!!! I just took a 1936 Colt .38 Super in on trade. I am looking for the correct grips for it as at some point they were changed out for plastic ones. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
12,612 Posts
The grips won't necessarily have anything to do with whether the pistol was reblued or not. It is not uncommon for owners to change the grips, and the 30/31 row are the closest to the original if someone was trying to return it to original. The finish of the pistol will speak for its self.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The grips won't necessarily have anything to do with whether the pistol was reblued or not. It is not uncommon for owners to change the grips, and the 30/31 row are the closest to the original if someone was trying to return it to original. The finish of the pistol will speak for its self.
I was told to check a few spots and looks like it was redone. Does this kill the value?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ok so if it’s a 6k pistol but has been redone what kind of price reduction do you see?
It sounds like you are describing a first model. The current Blue Book of Gun Values lists that value for a 90% original finish Super Match pistol. Since it is a commercial pistol, my opinion for what it is worth would be 50% at best, i.e., professionally restored to 98% or better condition. Your pictures are not 98%, in my opinion. Fortunately, there are many real experts here whose opinions are based on real-world conditions. Its rarity factor is very subjective for valuing as a refinished pistol. Those opinions are the only ones I would trust - not mine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts