Colt Forum banner

1936 E-Nickel Super Match

2K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  853OKG 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I’ve no idea what the hammer price will be but I think someone is going to get an expensive lesson buying that.

#6 ·
It's just a really not-so-clever attempt by the seller to dodge the issue. Note that the ad says, "Colt Factory authentication letter." All he's saying there is that it's a lettered pistol, not that the letter documents the current finish. Word games, that's all, and all too common on GunBroker.

#5 ·
Years ago turned down a NRA horrible $500 Super Match that had been polished to a rounded lump of ugly steel. So they sold it on GB for over $3000. Wish I would have taken it now.
The OP's referenced gun would look real nice if re-redone by Turnbull or similar to bright nickel. Once a gun is ruined by refinish you may as well do whatever you want. That gun has a nice King mirrored front sight so that could stay.

#16 ·

The implication is that at least one is schilling for the seller.

A second could be running it up in tandem to establish a plurality of false enthusiasm. Kind of like goading an actual bidder into thinking that at least two others think the value is there. Of course, that's a risky business as the seller could get suck with it and have to pay the buyer's AND the seller's premium.

I call that scenario KARMA.

#26 ·
That gun has history same as the CMP 1911's have history. One civilian owned the other government owned, and that's about as far as it goes. My money on the GB example will stay in my wallet thank you.

#27 ·
Glasses Vision care Goggles Sunglasses Eyewear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.