Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Gang
Just wanted to share this photo of a neat old piece of history. The grips are each marked inside in a flowing, 30's-style gold script, 'Cominskey'.
Don

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I would enjoy a nice afternoon punching holes in paper or spinning a disc target with your revolver. Nice to see good stuff like this instead of Glocks.

Do you exercise it often?

·
Administrator
7,489 Posts
Very nice /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thanks for sharing .
I love shooting the old OM's . If you miss , you can bet it's shooter error .

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the nice comments. It will be used today w/ 148gr wadcutters. Yes, shooter error is the only acceptable reason for a 'miss' with one of these. The 'Comiskey' thing I'm trying to research...Owner or grip-maker? Hope I can uncover something.
Don

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high on the name being a custom grip maker. Those grips look nearly identical to a pair of aftermarkets,Jay Scott,IIRC,that I got at a gun show for $10,and put on my Officers .22. I did file down the thumbrest a great deal,as it was just too large for my hand,and interferred with holstering the gun.

If you have any early Numrich Arms/Gun Parts Co. catalogs,they will show similar grips.

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, lonewolf
Thanks for the input. We had a walnut forest, and 3 generations of journeyman cabinet makers. The wood is old, old, old black walnut. I've seen the modern reproductions, and I know they work, but these ain't them. These searches are half the fun, huh? Thanks again.
Don

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sent photos and inquiry to a Roper and Sanderson collector. He says they're Sandersons, without a doubt. Now to do more research on Sanderson.
Don

·
Registered
811 Posts
Don, that is one GREAT looking revolver.

I see you got your reply as I was just going to tell you they look like the Sandersons. We saw some of those at the recent OGCA meeting two weeks ago, EXACTLY like yours pictured..................
Thanks for sharing and "enjoy"! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.