Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rainy day here but I couldn't wait for sun for an outdoor photo.I just bought this Officers Model .22 revolver,s/n range 163xx
from a good friend who is buying Springfield NM rifles & offered me this Colt.The holster,from my collection, is an unmarked Heiser model 713 carved laced
double loop holster maker etched "OM 6" on the rear.This revolver is about 97% & wouldn't have ever left the safe it was in if the collector wasn't so hot for the 1903
Star gauge guns he has run into.I shoot my 1952 production OM .22 & .38 revolvers & will have to shoot this one when the Big Cypress swamp(home of the Turner River)becomes habitable sometime in November.I haven't lusted after a revolver so badly for some time-I'm not trying to boast,just sharing my good fortune w/ appreciative collectors.Enjoy the photos.
Regards,turnerriver

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My! My! My! My! What a good lookin shootin arn! Wanna sell it. Only kidding. You could will that holster to me though. Dick

·
Registered
535 Posts
Some guys have ALL the luck! Compared to your beautiful Colt and some of the others I've seen in these pages, I'd be happy with a busted water pistol and a paper bag! Just kidding ... Thanks for taking the trouble to make the pictures. They're terrific!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very nice OMT you have there. I'm a big K22 fan myself but when I saw this OMT also from 1937 I just had to buy it.

This Colt came in its ragged original numbered box with Roper stocks and King sights. The front sight is cool, it has a little mirror inset into the front sight base at an angle to reflect light back to the red bead.

It's a solid 97% gun with nary a turn line and some very minor high edge wear on the front of the cylinder. I haven't had her out yet but shes going to the range the next time I get out, hopefully next week.

How does your OM .22 shoot?

Randy

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a fantastic pair of Roper grips-as nice as I've ever seen.My 1952 production OM shoots much better than I can-I find myself pulling it out even more than my 1947 production K-22,even tho I've been primarily a S&W devotee most of my life.I've been slowly buying Colts for several years now
& am very satisfied w/ the way they shoot.It'll be another month or so before I get out to shoot my pre-war OM .22 but I'll let you know.Great photos of a beautiful classic revolver-thanks.
Regards,turnerriver

------------------

·
Registered
535 Posts
WOW! Lust. Greed. Avarice! It's a beauty. Now, we all KNOW the gun is a gem and shoots tiny little groups all afternoon but the sight and the grips are simply magnificent. The sight - what a great idea! Hey, DFarisWheel, how 'bout a run down on them? Don't people in 2003 deserve any better sight picture than black on black? The grips are truly beautiful. Generally, I like the original, factory look for almost everything but here, I'll throw my full-checkered Python target grips into the Missouri for a set like yours! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy:
Very nice OMT you have there. I'm a big K22 fan myself but when I saw this OMT also from 1937 I just had to buy it.

This Colt came in its ragged original numbered box with Roper stocks and King sights. The front sight is cool, it has a little mirror inset into the front sight base at an angle to reflect light back to the red bead.

It's a solid 97% gun with nary a turn line and some very minor high edge wear on the front of the cylinder. I haven't had her out yet but shes going to the range the next time I get out, hopefully next week.

How does your OM .22 shoot?

Randy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's a gem! Congratulations. For what it's worth, I really like the original look of the service stocks on your piece - that's what I got used to seeing sticking out of holsters in my youth. But, remember, for what it's worth, you may want to try a Tyler T Grip with it. I have an old pachmayer (sp?) t grip I use with the skinny grips and it DOES improve my scores. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by turnerriver:
Rainy day here but I couldn't wait for sun for an outdoor photo.I just bought this Officers Model .22 revolver,s/n range 163xx
from a good friend who is buying Springfield NM rifles & offered me this Colt.The holster,from my collection, is an unmarked Heiser model 713 carved laced
double loop holster maker etched "OM 6" on the rear.This revolver is about 97% & wouldn't have ever left the safe it was in if the collector wasn't so hot for the 1903
Star gauge guns he has run into.I shoot my 1952 production OM .22 & .38 revolvers & will have to shoot this one when the Big Cypress swamp(home of the Turner River)becomes habitable sometime in November.I haven't lusted after a revolver so badly for some time-I'm not trying to boast,just sharing my good fortune w/ appreciative collectors.Enjoy the photos.
Regards,turnerriver

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
535 Posts
Greetings, Mr. River. Was hunting through old posts on this forum and new guys intros and read yours ... Got a nifty holster for my 6" .357, maybe? Tell me about it. Would you? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by turnerriver:
Regards,turnerriver

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts