Colt Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
I see that your postal carrier is as illiterate as mine is. Even though it clearly says "DO NOT BEND" it has been folded in half.

The revolver is a great find, I have been looking for one that went to Esquimalt, the ones I have all went to Halifax

·
The Consummate Collector
6,423 Posts
I see that your postal carrier is as illiterate as mine is. Even though it clearly says "DO NOT BEND" it has been folded in half.

The revolver is a great find, I have been looking for one that went to Esquimalt, the ones I have all went to Halifax
I guess that's one of the benefits of getting a large batch at one time, no bent letters.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Am I correct that my NS was in the first shipment to the Canadian Navy?
From what I have seen October 2, 1940 is the earliest shipment in the World War II era. There were two shipments on October 2, 1940 one of 100 guns to Esquimalt and one of 100 guns to Halifax. Not sure which one got loaded on the truck or train first. I have not seen any letters for New Services shipped to the Canadian Navy for WWI or earlier but that doesn't mean there weren't any. The Canadian army got shipments in 1900 for the boer war and some for WWI and the NWMP started using them in 1904. The Canadian Navy was founded in 1910, So the Navy surely could have recieved some earlier.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am just happy it was in the first 200 shipped in WW2. Now to find a holster , belt and Canadian issue ammo!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The New Service is Big Iron. Used to have a 455 converted into 45 Colt. Trading it off is a lifetime regret. Beautiful gun.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts