Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! It is hard to assess the condition/value of your gun from these pictures.
Can you shoot some more pictures outdoors in the shade so that the picture contrast and
details will be better?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
From what I can see you have a mixmaster there with a post war Government Model slide. Very hard to make a value check with your pic's. At least turn them right side up.

·
Registered
354 Posts
To me it's a bit of a mixmaster, but you should post some close up pictures taken in natural light always without flash, in the shade or better still on a cloudy day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Makes sense that it was refitted. It was my Dads issued firearm in the mid to late 50's. He was stationed in Karlshrue, Germany as a marksman with the .45 and M1.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It looks very much like one of the 1911's I purchased at the Berlin Rod and Gun Club for $15 bucks. (1960 money) The smiths there were putting usable guns together. In general they were darn good. I was on the Berlin Leclerc team for two years and mine was a great shooter. In those days you could go through a bucket of new unissued barrels.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
I believe that when that receiver was made all the Colts were parkerized. Probably on the low end of the estimates in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
$600-$800 according to how bad the buyer needs a 1911. If it was your dad's gun than priceless.
I have to agree with "apollo99" the true value is around $800, but keep it in the family as it is definetly Priceless to you and to your family!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts