Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone. I am an avid Colt Collector and new to forum. Thought I would try this out and post a few pics of several of my Colt Semi-Autos.

A pair of 1941 Colt RS M1911a1s

1946 First of the Government Models

1957 38 Super in Original Nickel

1970 Colt Government Model BB Unfired in the Box

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I thought you were going to show us something nice....

Just kidding man, those things are beautiful. Welcome to the forums and I would like a three day fire inspection period for them please....

BTW I am in the O'Fallon, Mo area and also collect/shoot the old ones :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I got some other nice vintage ones too. I mainly collect the old ones and shoot the new ones. I am out here south of KC a bit, but originally from NE Missouri. Looking forward to this forum.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I picked up a few 1951 unfired commercials in the box not long ago. Picked one out of the group and took it out and shot it. I shoot my 1905's, 1914's, 196's, 1917, etc. Nothing is sacred to me, the older it is the more I want to shoot it :). Welcome aboard. Oh, you cannot post too many pics here, people will love you for it (they just don't like you to shoot them)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome Joe, those are some very nice pistol's. Be warned, if you don't want to be hounded or stalked on your 38 Super's by either myself or Rob......Well never mind, were both being counseled on this and we pose no danger to you or anyone so our counselor says.hehehehehehehe

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
SHOW-OFF !!!!! :D;):cool::p

Just kidding. REALLY, RREALLY nice, thanks for posting those pics, but where's the rest of the pictures???:confused::confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the archive letter on the nickel 38 super. It's an Alaskan, but the cool thing is that Alaska wasn't even a state until 1959. I guess the BATF international shipping laws were less stringent back in the 50's :D I've always been curious how many Government Models or 38 supers were produced in Nickel finish in a given year. You tend to see more from the late 1960s.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
1942 Colt Commercial Military

Here's another nice 1942 Colt Commercial / Military pistol with the peening around the serial number. Photo courtesy of Scott G. inspection service. There is a little oddity with this one that the last two 11 digits of the serial number behind the firing pin stop on the slide are stamped as II. Scott and I both agree that the gun is 100% original and authentic. It goes to show that the CM were not rebuilt for show pieces, but right in the middle of supporting a massive war effort.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.