Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Well I’ll be! I posted a quick ”NO” in answer to the OP’s question. Thanks for sharing with us sublimert70. I should know better by now. I didn’t read the whole thread that was linked but would add that the .32 New Police Courier also had an aluminum alloy cylinder. I hope the OP is lucky enough to have one of the rare ‘prototypes’

Tom

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well I’ll be! I posted a quick ”NO” in answer to the OP’s question. Thanks for sharing with us sublimert70. I should know better by now. I didn’t read the whole thread that was linked but would add that the .32 New Police Courier also had an aluminum alloy cylinder. I hope the OP is lucky enough to have one of the rare ‘prototypes’

Tom
I'm definitely not as experienced as others in the forum but I've concluded based on my limited time that you are absolutely right! Never say no cause Colt may have done it! The last post in my original thread covers what matters in case you want to revisit it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The online Colt archive department says it is a 1949 gun. Going by the grip it is obviously a Police Positive and not a Detective special which Colt says were serial numbered together. There aren't supposed to be any 3" Police Positives. I wonder if it could have left the factory with this 3" Cobra barrel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts