Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone give me an idea of what this cobra is worth, and I know it has the wrong stocks on it but I don't care much for coltwood although if it brought up the price much I could learn to love them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Assuming no box or papers, proper functioning, and .38 Special chambering I'd guesstimate the value at $600. The Colt hammer shroud adds to the value in my opinion. You can sell the stocks for $75 or more if you decide to get a set of Coltwoods. This one would be a great carry piece. As always, JMHO.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds about right. Hard to tell if this is a round butt or short. If it is short it may have come with walnut grips like yours. Have you removed them to see if they are marked with serial # inside? Old Coltwood grips in the shape your gun is in may be hard to find. Most seem to be repros.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
If it is a 1953 production it is the long grip frame round butt. Short frame came in about 1966. Also it you look close at the first picture you can see the grip frame extends to the bottom of the stock panels.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i agree on the 600.00 range, and i agree on the grips! i like the walnut ones. the old coltwoods are usually shrunk, and most of the repros stink! the woods are good!

nice gun!
ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts