Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these worth much nowadays? I have had the pistol for about 30 years. Bluing is rather poor some light pitting on the slide and frame. It's not a Colt but made on Colt machinery and pretty close to a mil-spec 1911A1. I just noticed an issue, when the pistol is cocked on safe and the trigger is pulled, when you drop the safety to the fire position the hammer will fall to half cock. Not good from what I know. Went shopping and bought a complete Ed Brown kit, hammer, beaver tail, sear, and extended safety etc. I have changed the front sight, sliver soldered Millett with an adjustable rear sight. Wilson match barrel bushing and Dywer group gripper full length rod. To install the beaver tail grip safety I will need to cut a bunch off the frame. Basically it can no longer be returned to "stock" I have all the original number matched parts grips magazine etc. Other than the front site, it could be returned to "stock" Should I do it or leave it alone??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.