Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just picked up a Colt National match serial number 1XX.

What might this be worth? I picked it up for a pretty resonable price, but was told I shouldn't shoot it because of collector value. The gun is 90% with the original Colt warranty card, but no box.

thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like a nice one...wished I could get as lucky!
I'd have to say $1500 and up depending on who looks at it!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Should that gun have a flat mainspring housing? That looks like a GI piece.

Could you get a closer shot of the trigger?

Looks like it's got some finish issues but otherwise an interesting piece; don't know what value I'd place on it.

Just my observations.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
806 Posts
PA.Frank, They probably mean "don't shoot it" because the first 10,000 guns of this issue were made with a "thin" slide. Material was remove from around the inside of the slide, making them "lighter and thinner", and this can be cracked by using 'ball' or hot loads instead of the light, 'match' loads intended.
I have one of these and all I did was install a 'shock buff' fiber washer and use ONLY light,target loads, out of the box this gun still is capable of shooting a "one ragged hole" group, stock,NOTHING ever done to it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Looks like this............

I do have another one , later (last run in the #35,xxx range) new and 'test fired by factory' in the box, that one of these days I will sell.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 1957 and a 1962 and they both have the lightened slide. The '57 was without box or tools & all. I would say the value depends on the finish and condition. All of these I've seen came with flat mainspring housings. Yours has the correct rear sight on it. I'd think $800 minimum to $1500 perhaps. I gave $900 for mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts