Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an early Colt Trooper with 4" Barrel. I would rate it at about 85% with some minor pitting and blueing wear. Does not have the original grips, box or anything else. I just want to make sure before I shoot it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Agreed, even if it was a Python, in that condition it's only a shooter; although a really nice shooter. Same action as the Python.

Shoot it and enjoy it

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
You have the best of both worlds, a Colt with a Python/Officers Model action and in a condition that allows you to enjoy it without loosing value. Shoot the heck out of it if you can afford it. And yes, Plus P 38 special ammo is fine in that gun if you choose. For myself with smaller hands, I have the service stocks with a pachmayr grip adapter and that fits my hand perfectly.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I have a buddy that wants to buy it as a plinker/home defense. I was thinking that $400 would be fair. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You could get more for it on GB but your not selling it to your friend, you could at least see and shoot on occasion if you sell it to your friend.$400.00 is fair for you and your friend.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Early this year I bought a Trooper in similar condition, but without the original stocks, for $425. But I already had several pairs of Colt stocks, so no problem there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts