Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all.... I stopped by at a LGS and found this for sale. I am new to the python and was wondering what the experts think would be the value with its current condition. The pictures are from my cell phone and I tried to get the blemishes. Please let me know what you think.

Also...the asking price is $XXXX. The serial number puts it at 1957 SN#5211. There is no paperwork or box.

Thanks for the help.

Barrel wear and a ding in front sight at front

Turn line

Grip (other side looks just as good)

Right side of barrel wear at front other shiny part is from the lighting.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I would snap that up in a heartbeat for that price. Run of the mill stuff isnt bringing much less than that. If you dont want it pass the info on lol

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Ah,another 4 digit has came up from hiding. It'd be worth the 2200 if it fell off a turnip truck!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
The gun is 56 years old. Some wear is to be expected unless it was stored away in a vault in 1957.Good price on that gun based on what I am seeing.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok...ok...I will be at the store in the morning with a fist full of hundreds.

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Way over priced.. dont do it!!!!!!... hmmmm can I have there phone number please? :cool:

·
Registered
612 Posts
That wouldn't be in Goldsboro would it? Serial number 55xx or something like that. Don't worry I have all I can pay for right now. If that's the one it is pretty nice and I did drool over it. Good luck!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That wouldn't be in Goldsboro would it? Serial number 55xx or something like that. Don't worry I have all I can pay for right now. If that's the one it is pretty nice and I did drool over it. Good luck!
No its not in Goldsboro but you are close......

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was trying to throw the scent off the trail yesterday.....It was in Goldsboro. Now it is in my possession. Pictures to come later.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Why bother removing the price from the original post? It makes the thread useless to any future searches where people would have a similar question. I believe it was $2200.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I was trying to throw the scent off the trail yesterday.....It was in Goldsboro. Now it is in my possession. Pictures to come later.

Wise. Many times I've seen a thread like this turn into a phone calling frenzy to every shop in a certain area to get a gun, with the end result being the original poster lost out. Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well here is the first pic I took before going back to work....like I said will post more later.

My daughter who is 20.....she likes it and wants to shoot it today. I told her NO!

She's going to ask her male friends if they have python envy........

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.