Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had many Colts over the past 30 years but this is only my second SAA. I picked it up at a local show on Friday. It's a Second Gen .45LC SAA with 5.5" barrel and complete with serial number matching box. The serial number dates production to 1957. The coloring on the frame is excellent and the gun appears to be unfired.

IMG_5463.JPG IMG_5461.JPG IMG_5466.JPG IMG_5467.JPG IMG_5468.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Persistance, sharp eyes and $$$ have paid off well. Interestingly, Colt's made that during the time when Ruger and Great Western were making inroads into the single action market during the heyday of the Western movie and TV series. It may have been purchased by just such a media fan, but never put into play.

A beauty.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I've had many Colts over the past 30 years but this is only my second SAA. I picked it up at a local show on Friday. It's a Second Gen .45LC SAA with 5.5" barrel and complete with serial number matching box. The serial number dates production to 1957. The coloring on the frame is excellent and the gun appears to be unfired.

View attachment 439298 View attachment 439306 View attachment 439314 View attachment 439322 View attachment 439330
Very nice.look at the rear R/H view of the hammer, looks like the champer was done on a grinder not a buff wheel.can someone comment on this to educate me please

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Very nice.look at the rear R/H view of the hammer, looks like the champer was done on a grinder not a buff wheel.can someone comment on this to educate me please
Probably just a production variance.

If you study like models really hard, you will notice all kinds of production differences, as procedures and steps never stayed the same over the years and I'm sure some workers varied on how they do things too.

Good eye looking and catching stuff like that. It's really needed in this realm.

Reactions: lounick and krag96

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that you have found the real collectible Guns perhaps you can start selling off those silly snubbies!
But I still like those silly little snubbies...

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
In the business that’s known as skip machining 😜, nice gun nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts