Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1958 .44 special 5.5” blue/color case-hardened SAA finally made it home today. The post office took a long time to return it. My local distribution center is extremely backed up. I want to thank Bill Fuchs for the excellent job on refinishing the gun. The frame and straps needed some work when I bought it. The blue and CCH finish was completely redone. All screws were replaced and the hammer flats were re-polished among other things. It looks like it left the factory in 1958. Thanks Bill for always striving to make me happy. You’re the best! Brandon.

·
Registered
471 Posts
That is a pistol I'd like to have . I could say own but we really don't own anything . I was born in 58 , a 44 special would be Happy Birthday to me .o_O

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Did your gun look something like this before Bill got a hold of it? This is a 1958 SAA I bought when it was a .38 Special with a cut down 5" .357 barrel on it. I had already bought the blue worn .44 barrel for $100 hoping someday to find a gun for it. But notice the barrel caliber markings are the later type. Can't wait to see what Bill did with yours.

·
Registered
225 Posts
please ship it to me ASAP so I can get a closer look at everything. i sent you a PM with my address. I promise to send it right back to you! Really.............I mean that............right away..............no kidding...........cross my heart...............seriously..........i wouldn't kid you...................will return it promptly...................that's no B.S. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Reactions: banditone85

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Looks great - like new production! I must admit, I also like the "before" condition as well!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks great - like new production! I must admit, I also like the "before" condition as well!
Thanks. It wasn’t the worst I’ve seen, but I couldn’t stand the pitting on the frame. Early 2nd gen’s seem to be notorious for pitting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts