Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the Archives letter I ordered for the Python I purchased in February...as I expected it confirmed it's a factory nickeled Python...nothing else special about it. It was born on July 20, 1960 and shipped on the 26th.

·
Premium Member
19,179 Posts
I love those full checkered grips!! I know the Pythons had the gold medallions, but a silver medallion would look better with the nickel finish.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love those full checkered grips!! I know the Pythons had the gold medallions, but a silver medallion would look better with the nickel finish.
I agree with that.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it's 1960. The oldest I have seen belongs to a member here.... serial 10001 shipped in April 1960. Shipped before the OP's #9400
OK
Serial number 10001 shipped in April 1960 and 9400 wasn't built until July 20 according to the Archives letter? That's a brain teaser!

·
Registered
454 Posts
as i have mentioned before i have a special intrest in pythons from 1960.....that is a rare and outstanding example thank you for posting the letter ........wish it was in my safe :)

did it come with any extras (box etc?)

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It came with a box...just not the box it was shipped in. I ended up selling the box...it helps to offset the cost of buying the gun plus my attitude towards boxes is that if it's not the box the gun was shipped in I won't have it in something that isn't right. It sits in a modern Colt box...obviously not correct which is ok...and it's well protected with Brownell's gunwrap paper.

Reactions: ttazzman
1 - 9 of 9 Posts