Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an acquaintance that just purchased a 1962 6" blue Python without the original stocks. His stocks have the checkering that stops in a straight line below the emblem. I told him that I thought the original stocks would have been like my 1970 Python that has the checkering stopped in a semi-circle below the emblem.

Can anyone confirm what the original stocks would have been like on his 1962?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much. If you have any idea where we could find (purchase) a set of the correct original stocks, I would appreciate the info.

·
Premium Member
9,471 Posts
I think some clarification is needed here.

manderson first states that the 1962 Python has the "straightline" checkering style stocks. manderson then comments that he believes the correct stocks would be like on his 1970 Python with the semi-circle checkering style. manderson then asks for confirmation of the correct style of stocks for a 1962 Python.

dfw answers "Yes, they would." I think dfw probably answered "Yes, they would" to manderson's statement that the stocks should be like on his 1970 Python with the semi-circle checkering style, but that was not the question.

The 1962 Python should have the semi-circle checkering style. That style is much easier to find than the earlier full-checkered stocks and probably actually more common than the straightline style since I think it was used longer. However, the fact that the semi-circle checkering style was discontinued decades ago makes them more scarce everyday. Watch eBay since Python stocks of all styles come up there from time to time.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again. You are correct, I understood what dfariswheel meant, but it did need some clarification.

I will watch Ebay. Thanks for mentioning it because I wouldn't have thought of it for gun parts.

·
Premium Member
9,471 Posts
I am embarassed to say that I ignored eBay for years because I knew gun advertisements were not accepted, so I assumed (wrongly) that no gun people would support it. I have bought gun stuff (boxes mainly, but literature and parts and accessories as well) off eBay that I have not seen in 40 years of seeking. It is amazing what is up there on a given day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts