Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought some of you might enjoy it. It is double signed by Vandersmissen? Haven't seen much about him. Excellent shape and seems factory original acvording to what Mr. Reis told me. Cabellas sold it to me for just over $2500. The gun library guy said it had been cut or else they would have wanted 6k for it.....It may very well be cut with that spacer, but the recoil pad is factory as is the LOP. I am halfway tempted to yank off the pad and put one of those red pads that is on my Parker, but that would affect originality. Forgot to add that it has 28" barrels. Factory length. A little short for most broadways.

Anyway, I am thrilled with it, it hasn't been shot much and it is gorgeous. Now to figure out what I shall sell to make up the money before my wife hunts me.

·
Premium Member
20,523 Posts
What a great deal!! I have read about that engraver in my book on Brownings. He is a well recognized master engraver.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I like Superposed shotguns, but they kick the snot out of me. So I traded mine for a Browning Citori Grade 6. Much more comfortable if somewhat less desirable. I suppose it depends on whether one wants to shoot it, or look at it.

Buck

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shoot both my superposed without any issues for kick. Same goes for my Parkers. My fathers 2 20 gauge Auto 5s are another story though.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Browdway. Have you researchre Richard J. Lewin? You never know.
I taled to the Browning Historian and the signature is factory. It eas sold in 1964 in Los Angeles. He is doing some more digging.

I have found a Dr. RJ Lewin who graduated from USC and started his residency at Longbeach Naval station in 1962 buy that os as close to a hit as I have found so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts