Colt Forum banner

1967 Colt

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  scamper 
#1 ·

Here's a copy of the 1967 shooters bible.
Check out those prices on the Pythons.
By the way, it is also marked that the 6" barrel version gets full checkered grips.
Very interesting. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.
Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah. By 1967 prices had gone through the roof. That was the year I got married and a Python would have been slightly over half a months salary. Still possible but not for a young newly married man. I had to lie low for a while before I got back into buying guns again.

------------------
Fore Warned is Fore Armed... Pogo
Unless it's four worned out guns... Albert

#5 ·
GK, interesting post. I did not realize that Colt was offering three different stock styles for the Python at the same time! Nor did I know that the full checkered target grips were still being offered in 1967. I sort of thought they had been discontinued by that time. Little nuggets like that help make this Forum one of my favorite places on the web. Thanks for the post. Charlie

#6 ·
I have a 1970 edition that still uses the exact picture with higher prices. Shooters Bible liked to keep re-using really old pictures. The full checkered Python stocks were gone long before 1967 ..or 1970. My 1970 edition even shows a S&W model with the non-relieved diamond targets ...those NR stocks were gone by 1956. The prices are probably pretty accurate, not so with many of the photos.

------------------
Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.