Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to drive a little out of town and I exhausted all my mad money for awhile but I picked something cool.

Second year Diamondback Snubby .38, shooter grade.

Gentleman I bought it from said it was his dad's backup gun and it didn't get shot much but did get carried a lot.

Now the hunt begins for some service stocks that match the wear on the gun.

Pics as I bought it. I'll repost after I get it cleaned up.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Not bad buddy!! I like it!.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Wow, what a find.
Glad someone got it who will appreciate it. If it'd been my Fathers back up gun, you can bet the farm it'd stayed in my family!!!

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
That gun is pure Bullitt. The movie came out in '68 so must have been made in 1967. I think there's a pair of proper grips in the classifieds.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Found some awesome DS service stocks from Mike_Anderson and they really bring out the Bullitt.

Now to get a nice Safariland holster and I will be all set.

Rented Bullitt on BlueRay and it has lots of extra features. Definitely got me in the right frame of mind.

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
I have a worn set of diamondback service stocks (square butt and nickel emblems) that have a crack developing that could be repaired and should match the finish on your gun. $25 shipped with no screw but should be the same as the DS service stocks you have. let me know. The stock on the right is the one with the crack developing on the back side. I believe it could be glued and secured in a vise while it cures and would be good for service.

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
You will notice a difference with the square butt stocks and over the round butt with felt recoil in a good way. I always thought that target sights, ventilated barrel and target hammer were little over the top on a snubbie, but now I am just jealous I don't have one.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the stocks in last night and hit the crack with some Elmer's.

Installed them along with my favorite Tyler T.

If it shoots straight, I think it will be bumping my DS from it's job as nightstand/truck gun.

Range report soon.

I
think the stocks are a perfect match for the wear on the gun. They look like they have been on it from day one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts