Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this through my LGS back in February. Had a Diamondback on my wish list for a long time. Hadn't really researched as much as I should have until just recently on this site. Now I'm thinking this may not be the original box and am looking for the experts here to weigh in. If it's not it will be just slightly disappointing as its the gun that really matters. I did pay a good bit over book at just under $2k but like I said I'd been wanting one for a while and this one showed up right in front of me where I could handle and inspect it. Gun is spectacular in condition.

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Starting pistol Wood Hardwood Wood stain Plywood Cutting board Rectangle Font Metal Label

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Kanatak, good info and thanks for responding as I know you're one the top historians on this site. The great condition of the box is what had me suspecting it might be a fake. Buying local versus from online adds a bit of protection from the mass scammers I suspect.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Beautiful gun and you can take what Kanatak says to the bank. He is the leading expert on all things fake/reproduction and like many others I trust his judgement over my own! Great to hear this has a happy ending; many times these threads end with the new owner finding out his box is a fake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beautiful gun and you can take what Kanatak says to the bank. He is the leading expert on all things fake/reproduction and like many others I trust his judgement over my own! Great to hear this has a happy ending; many times these threads end with the new owner finding out his box is a fake.
I can't agree more with everything you've said Firebird. Especially the happy ending part....oh, wait, were we still talking about guns? ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts