Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
I think these in nickel are rather scarce in the short barrel. In '83 I bought a $189 S&W Kit Gun at a pawn shop but had to return it because it had been stolen. So they gave me $450 credit in the store. I chose a 2nd gen. SAA .357 just like this one (except plain wood grips) which was $450. I then lost a little $ by trading it straight across for my cherished '58 renickeled 7 1/2" .45. I sure liked that short nickel .357, though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would bet it has been. Love those pearls, though. Wonder if they are real?
Looks like mother-of-toilet seat grips to me.

The front sight looks off to me too.

Would 1970 make it a late 2nd gen gun? My local gun shop has a really nice early 3rd gen, nickel plated SAA in 45 Colt with 5 1/2" barrel for $300 more than the one you posted, it is all original and includes the box.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hard to tell. Looks like pictures taken while under glass in display case. On right side, the parting line between frame and trigger guard looks rounded. On left side, the roll markings on the barrel looks blurred.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Looks bad to me. In pictures, it's renickled. I wouldn't go near it unless it was less than half that price. If a gun shop can figure out it's refinished, collectors shouldn't have a problem. You'd get a refinished second generation with grips you can throw in the trash. Larger here.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts