Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have opportunity to buy a Colt Commander from an individual. From my research, appears was made 1971 (CLW006XXX).

The gun is a strong 98% - slight holster wear near the muzzle on the high edges of the slide, one very small "pin prick" ding above the left side slide serrations. Otherwise, super clean. No box or papers.

Don't know much about going rates on this vintage of Colt - would appreciate any input on value. Seller wants $800.00.

How does value change if box is found? Old gentleman says he might be able to find it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
i am no expert on auto`s but since you have no replies i`ll give it a shot. in my experience the light weght commander brings less than the steel version and both bring less than the standard govt mod. there are exceptions as 9mm and super .38 versions might bring as much as a govt mod. i sold about a yr. ago a steel commander in satin nickle in cal 9mm for under 600$ gun was mech. perfect but showed some carry wear. i think for 800$ gun should be nib or lnib. again, my opinion and worth what you paid for it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts