Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a Beretta 92F owner that has aquired this gun through family. While I love the gun, I do not want to fire it quite yet for the following reasons:
It was bought in 1972 new and NEVER fired!
In 1986 this model was the last year it was manufactured.
If the above is all correct, this must be worth a pretty penny.

Any ideas how I can get an honest answer on it's worth?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Have you checked past or completed auctions on GUNBROKER & AUCTIONARMS ???
That would be the first place I would look.
Check out the actual sales of the last 90 days to see if anything like it has actually SOLD.
If not, check for current auctions and wait to see what they actually sell for when they are complete.

Just a thought.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Prices can vary for Detective Specials a round figure would be about $400. If its truly mint with orginal box and paperwork then you might catch a colletor price "a guess" $500.00 + but from what I have seen these prices are on the HIGH side. General handling, dry firing, cylinder line, small nicks, will detract from top prices. Like GUNKWAZY said online sites will give you a better idea. Remember they are not rare the post 72 model was made on and off until the mid 1990's.
If your a "shooter" I would keep and use it.

[This message has been edited by Coulty (edited 10-04-2004).]

·
Registered
933 Posts
If like new in box with papers, you can range from $400 (low) to $500 (high). I tend to think the internet gun auctions/sells reflect inflated prices.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I paid $360 for a mint 1962 Det. Spec. I doubt if it was ever fired. I have not fired 100 rounds through it, and will carry it when my Copilot comes from Charter Oak. If it had a box with it I might have preserved it, but it is so nice to fire and carry it's a shame not to use it for its intended purpose.

HC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts