Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandfather just gave me a 1972 woodsman .22 pistol and he has kept the magazine loaded ever since he bought it. Now it doesn't feed the first couple rounds properly so does anyone know where i can get a new spring for the magazine at?

·
Premium Member
9,695 Posts
I would first disassemble and clean the magazine before concluding that the spring needs to be replaced. I have kept a .22 Woodsman magazine loaded since the 1950s and it still works fine. I have an early Government Model that had been loaded for 70 years when I got it and it worked fine.

If the magazine spring really is the cause (I would look at other causes first, since the first two rounds should have the most spring pressure, whereas the last two would be most effected by a weak spring), buy a new spring from Colt or Wolf or Brownells, etc..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check to make sure there is no damage to the feed lips on your mag as I to dont think the problem you describe sounds like th spring. 80 % of feeding problems on quality firearms go back to the mag and when the first rounds wont feed they are being forced up to far in the lip of the mag most of the time. Good luck. c3006

1 - 4 of 4 Posts