Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning guys, I would like your opinions on whether this label is correct or not. The different colors used to write with made me wonder. Its for a 1974 nickel that a friend is going to sell.
thanks

Font

·
Registered
479 Posts
Looks like my 74 and mine I know is real because I got it from a close family friend who owned it for 39 years, he would never even know there were fake boxes nor Would he be interested in getting one. Here is a photo to compare. The foam insert should be gold.
Not an expert by any means, still
Learning but hope I helped .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
There were several styles of Colt Python Gold Foil Label, and I believe this is one of them. However, when I see the label's written notations obscured or erased or "messed with", I tend to think it is not the box and label that accompanied the gun from the factory. I do believe it is an authentic Python label affixed to an authentic Colt wood-grain box. Snakeguy1 is correct regarding the color of the Styrofoam inserts and you should confirm this.

Very best of luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kanatak, the notations that seemed to have written over made me think something may not be right. What about the different colors used to make the notations ? That wasn't normal procedure was it?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a few original Python boxes. Some have various notations and numbers written on them. But every one of them have the B or N and the barrel length and serial numbers written in Brown Sharpie type ink. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10-4 on the brown sharpie, I believe from the responses I've received the box although original is probably not the one that came with the python. Thanks to everyone for your input and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.